Specific conditions relating to notices and disputes
Smartcover Finance Limited (the initiator) may only send a direct debit if I (the acceptor) have:
- Asked the initiator to send it, and
- Agreed to the amount of the direct debit
Smartcover Finance Limited is required to give written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit no later than the date of the debit.
Smartcover Finance Limited is required to give a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit in a series of direct debits no later than 10 calendar days before the date of the first direct debit in the series. The notice is to include:
- The dates of the debits, and
- The amount of each direct debit
If Smartcover Finance Limited proposes a change to an amount and/or date of a direct debit specified in the notice Smartcover Finance Limited is required to give me notice no later than 10 calendar days before the change.
I may ask my bank to reverse a direct debit up to 120 calendar days after the debit if:
- I don’t receive a written notice of the amount and date of each direct debit from Smartcover Finance Ltd or
- I receive a written notice but the amount or the date of debiting is different from the amount or the date specified on the notice.
If the bank dishonours a direct debit, Smartcover Finance Limited may attempt to retake the amount from my bank account within five business days without further notice.
I may ask my bank to receive a direct debit up to nine months after the date Smartcover Finance Limited sends the first direct debit under the authority, if I am not reasonably satisfied that the authority authorized my bank to debit my account with the amount of the direct debit.